TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1(a). An application for a place in King’s College Soto de Viñuelas (hereinafter, the school) may be made by completing and returning this form.
- A place will not be reserved, however, until all the entry requirements are fulfilled.
- Normally, a personal interview with the parents or guardians (“parents”) and the child and an entrance examination and/ or psychologist’s
evaluation are necessary. The school reserves the right to refuse admission after the interview and examination/evaluation. Please note that there is no automatic right of entry to the school for younger brothers and sisters and parents are recommended to apply for school places as soon as they are born.
2(a). To confirm reservation of a place, parents must pay a non-returnable enrolment fee per pupil as indicated on the fee sheet. No reimbursement will be made of this amount in case of cancellation of a place at any time. Please see the fee sheet for more details.
(b). In order to confirm a boarding place, a 3000€ returnable deposit must be paid as well as the 1500€ enrolment fee.
- Official documentation concerning the child’s education, prior to his/her entry to the school, is the parents/guardians responsibility.
- When the child enters the school the following documents must previously have been received:
(a). A photocopy of either the birth certificate, the “Libro de familia”, identity card or passport. (b). An official medical certificate indicating the child has no infectious or contagious diseases. (c). One passport size photograph.
- Certificates from previous schools attended if any.
- For children who wish to follow the Spanish Bachillerato, the school needs a certificate from the Spanish Ministry of Education confirming validation of previous studies.
- Parents’/guardians’ bank details for direct debit.
- A photocopy of the identity document of both parents.
- A photocopy of the identity document of the account holder who will be accountable for school fees if this is not the child ’s parent.
- Pupils must complete the full academic cycle at the school site where they are initially accepted. No transfers will be allowed between sites before completion of the cycle (i.e. end of Year 2 at King’s Infant School, Chamartín and end of Year 9 at King’s College School, La Moraleja).
6(a). Fees and charges owed will be promptly notified and must be paid termly in advance during the first ten days of September, January and April. In the case of boarding students however, fees are payable in advance tri annually and payment must be received before August 1st, December 1st and March 1st each year. Please see the relevant fee sheet for more details.
- All fees and charges etc. will be paid by direct debit.
- No refund of fees can be made for absence due to illness or any other causes.
- A full academic term's notice is required if a child is to leave the school, or to change status from boarder to day pupil. In lieu of this notice, one term's fees are payable.
- Notification of re-enrolment for the next academic year must be made before the 31st January. The final decision about re-enrolment is at the discretion of the school. In the case that you child/ren is not accepted, the school will communicate its final decision within the next two months from the notification date.
- An annual re-enrolment fee is included in the bill for the third term each year and is debited on fees of the first term of the next academic year. Parents of pupils intending to leave the school in June must send in written confirmation of their departure before the 31st of January. No refund will be made if notice of departure is given after the 1st of April.
- An additional charge is made for external examinations.
7. Parents agree to inform the school immediately of any change of address or telephone number.
8(a). Parents agree to support the internal regulations of the school concerning general discipline, uniform and homework set for children.
- All items of clothing must be marked with the child's full name.
- The school shop sells the uniform requirements for pupils of all ages. If pupils repeatedly wear inappropriate items the school reserves the right to oblige them to purchase the correct uniform from the shop at parental expense.
- If a child is absent from school, parents agree to inform the school by telephone of the reason as soon as possible. On returning to school children must bring a note from their parents explaining the reason for their absence.
- The school reserves the right to exclude temporarily or permanently pupils whose behaviour merits this in the view of the Headteacher.
- All school premises inside and outside are non-smoking and parents and students may not smoke whilst on site. Students may not consume alcohol on school premises nor at official school functions unless specifically given permission to do so. Bringing into the school or possession of any type of drugs or weapons is strictly prohibited and renders a student liable to permanent exclusion and the corresponding judicial consequences.
- All pupils from the age of 6 years and above must provide their own writing material (pens, pencils, rulers, etc.). These items are not included in the cost of school materials. The school does provide text and exercise books and other materials. (See 14).
- Parents are liable for any deliberate damage caused by their child to school property or to that belonging to teachers, employees, or other pupils.
11(a). Pupils will not be allowed to leave school on their own during school hours, unless the school has written permission from the parents for them to do so.
- Parents of children of all ages who use the school bus service should advise the school in good time if on a particular occasion they are going to use another method of transport or are to be collected.
- In the case of young children who are normally collected by their parents, the school requires written permission from the pa rents if a different person, unknown to the School, is to collect the child from the school or bus stop.
- The school cannot be held responsible for the supervision of pupils left on the school premises more than 15 minutes before or after normal school hours, unless they are attending an official extra-curricular activity or additional class or are enrolled for specially supervised groups.
- Optional classes may be contracted in writing on a termly or yearly basis, as indicated in separate regulations. They may never be contracted on a monthly basis. No refunds are possible for non-attendance.
- Normally the English textbooks used remain the property of the school and are on loan to pupils. Pupils may retain them at the end of the year only if given permission to do so.
15(a). The school has insurance which covers accidents which occur to pupils while on any school activity. Any claim must be made as soon as practicable. In case of accident, children will be taken to a clinic for first aid. The insurance policy does not cover loss of personal property.
(b). An optional insurance policy is available to guarantee pupils can continue their studies in the case of death or absolute permanent incapacity of the parents/legal guardian. Full details are available from the school office.
- Lunch is provided by the school, for which a charge is made.
- The use of the school bus service is optional and journey times are subject to varying weather conditions, traffic etc. Whilst the school attempts to maximise convenience to parents, the school cannot guarantee to meet all demands for routes and bus stops.
- In the event that all or part of the school is closed temporarily or permanently due to pandemic, terrorism or for any other reason, the school will not be liable to refund any fees or other monies it has received.
- Data Protection Clause:
Data Controller: LATAM EDUCATION HOLDINGS S.L. with registered office at Avenida de Pío XII 92, C.P. 28036 Madrid, V.A.T. B87232641 and telephone +34 913 598 800.
The data collected through this form will be processed in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of April 27, (GDPR) and in the L.O. 3/2018, of December 5, on data protection and guarantee of digital rights (LOPDGDD).
The purpose of such processing is the management of the admission and enrollment of the student, the provision of educational, academic, nursing and safeguarding services as well as the economic and administrative management necessary for the provision of the aforementioned services, the sending of informative communications about our educational activity and the fulfillment of our legal and contractual obligations.
Your data will be communicated to third parties when necessary for the provision of the services above described and by legal requirement. Likewise, your data may be communicated to other companies within LATAM EDUCATION HOLDINGS S.L. that may make use of these for the same purposes already mentioned. They will also be communicated to third parties for the provision of external services such as psychopedagogical guidance service, school transport, dining room and extracurricular activities among others, provided that we have your consent or the student over 14 years of age.
The data will be kept for the time necessary to fulfill the expressed purposes and legal obligations. Once the aforementioned period has elapsed, the data will be permanently deleted using the appropriate security measures.
You can exercise your rights of withdrawal of consent, access, rectification, object, erasure, limitation and portability of your data at any time by sending a written request and indicating in the subject "DATA PROTECTION", attaching your identification document to: email@example.com. You also have the right to file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Authority (www.aepd.es) if you consider that the data processing does not comply with current regulations.
You can find more information about our data protection policy at: https://www.madrid-soto.kingscollegeschools.org/en/privacy-notice
King’s College S.L. Address: Avenida Pío XII 92, 28036, Madrid. Company Registry references: Registro Mercantil de Madrid: Tomo 3175 Folio 71 Sección 3 Hoja 22918 Inscripción 1. NIF A/28307015 VAT ESA28307015. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.