Basic expectations include:
• Clean navy blue or black leather shoes to be worn by all. Boots, booties, yacht shoes or trainers are not permitted.
• Boys’ trousers should be tailored, dark grey in colour and be made of wool, polyester or a wool/polyester mix. Cotton trousers of any type are not allowed, e.g. jeans, chinos etc. Girls’ skirts must be the official College design purchased from the School Shop.
• Girls must wear their skirts at an appropriate length. The term ‘appropriate’ assumes the skirt to be at, or close to, the knees in length. Members of staff are the sole judges of what is, and what is not, appropriate. They may wear navy blue tights or the official knee-length socks.
• During ‘Winter Uniform’ boys must wear a blue College tie done up to the neck with the shirt’s top button fastened. Boys’ shirts and girls’ blouses should be tucked into trousers or skirts respectively at all times.
• No coloured T-shirts or undergarments with coloured designs should be worn under the shirt or blouse.
• Jumpers must be navy blue, v-necked and have the school badge.
• Jewellery must be worn discretely. Earrings are not permitted for boys and in the case of girls, only one pair of simple studs is permitted. Necklaces, if worn, should not be visible and only one wrist bracelet is permitted. Makeup and nail polish, if worn, should be subtle and discrete.
• Hair should be natural in colour (the bleaching or dying of hair with bright colours is not permitted). Boys’ hair must be tidy and shorter than collar length; they may not wear beards, moustaches or sideburns.
• Pupils may only wear the College official sports kit for PE lessons and club activities. This can be purchased from the College Shop. Trainers must be predominantly white in colour.